Friday 9 September 2016

Introducing Rosemary for Remembrance

At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.


A couple of years ago, Hannah Lavery of Appletree Writers/Bowdy Kite asked me to be Appletree's Emerging Prose Writer for 2015/2016. Because of how my life was taking shape at that time, I found myself writing most often about people and times and places that I had lost. Last year, I gave a workshop to Dunbar's Writing Mums entitled Rosemary for Remembrance, in which we focused on how we remember people and what sparks those memories. And so the inspiration for this series of meditations was born - a piece to be published each month, with poems to mark the changing of the seasons.





Each piece will be also be made into a short film, 
featuring the people and places and things that light my way in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment